Food Security, Rights, and Systems
Research Team: Anne Bellows, Mike Hamm, and Karen Brown
Project Duration: Research Ongoing
The study of food security, systems and rights addresses human security and well-being whereby all community or local residents obtain a safe, culturally acceptable, nutritionally adequate diet through a sustainable food system that maximizes community self-reliance and social justice.
Contact: Anne Bellows
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- One Hundred Years of Allotment Gardening in Poland
- Community Food Security and Nutrition Educators
- Exposing Violences: Using Women's Human Rights Theory to Reconceptualize Food Rights
- International Origins of Community Food Security Policies and Practices in the U.S.
- Urban Allotment Gardening in Poland: Questions of Authority and Scale in Land Use, Ownership, and Management